Saturday, February 18, 2012

Robert Bresson Roundup


Hello all. Throughout February and March, the TIFF Bell Lightbox in Toronto is running a very impressive retrospective of the films of Robert Bresson, one of French (and world) cinema's most revered figures. Thus far, I've written reviews for two of his films over at Row Three: Les Dames du Bois de Boulogne (1945) and A Man Escaped or: The Wind Bloweth Where it Listeth (1956). Being a bit behind on Bresson's work, I hope to catch more of his films before the program runs its course. As I do so, I'll continue to post my reviews at Row Three. Take a look at the Lightbox's program (part of a wider-ranging North American tour) here.

UPDATE 23/02/2012 - My reviews of Lancelot du Lac (1974) and The Trial of Jan of Arc (1962) are now up at Row Three as well.

No comments: